The prostate is a gland about the size of a walnut, surrounds in between bladder and urethra in the male reproductive system, the prostate grows along with the age of man’s life and helps in the production of nutrient-rich fluid semen during ejaculation, so it is essential to keep the prostate healthy.
Just like any other organ of your body needs attention and care link to your diet and lifestyle, the same goes for this organ as well, and if you don’t maintain the health of your prostate you are likely to have some of the most common prostate diseases for example
- Prostatitis is the inflammation of the prostate gland.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH this disease is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men affecting 1 in 7 among men.
Undoubtedly, men are concerned with the health of their prostate; they search for knowledge on the internet for a diet plan or best food for prostate health. Many expectations that their physician suggests a list of nourishments ensure to shield them from illness.
five best foods for prostate health
There are some essential fatty acids polyunsaturated fats like omega-3s and omega-6s, which are not synthesized by the human body; however, cold-water fish are an abundant food source to get these fatty acids.
A recent study shows by scientists and physicians that inflammation is the leading cause in the prostate organ to develop into dangerous diseases or conditions like prostate cancer. In that case, these experts advise adding animal fat a diet high in omega-3s to boost prostate health by preventing and reduce inflammation in organs, for example, salmon, mackerel, sardines, trout, and herring.
The intake of vegetables containing phytochemicals called sulforaphane is specially targeted to kill cancer cells in between healthy prostate cells to maintain the health of the prostate.
One of the most common examples of some super cruciferous vegetables to boost your prostate health is broccoli. It contains many complex compounds that contain beneficial effects on prostate cancer; others include cabbage, bok choy, kale, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.
a powerful antioxidant called lycopene present in tomatoes is beneficial on prostate healthy cells growth and reduces tumor growth in men’s.
The tightly bound presence of lycopene to cell walls of raw tomatoes, suggested cooked or pureed tomato consumption, is a good option, like tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato juice, and ketchup.
Berries are high in vitamin C and antioxidants called anthocyanins. These antioxidants play a vital role in the neutralization and removal of free radicals from the body that can attack healthy cells, which can lead to the prostate’s risk of cancer.
Eating different berries that contain a high amount of vitamin C also helps to ease benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms, including blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages consumed by many people around the world. This versatile and beneficial leaf of green tea is another excellent and easy way to get the source of many different antioxidants, including catechin and xanthine derivatives
These antioxidants contain anti-carcinogenic properties, which act as a shield in men’s problems related to the prostate gland, especially in prostate cancer.
However, multiple studies suggested with the approval of your physician that men can drink five cups of green tea per day to reduce the chance of prostate cancer.
Except for all of these superfoods to boost your prostate health, there are some other diets, nutrients, and supplements, exercise, and lifestyle, which is also play an essential factor in men’s prostate health.
- Be careful while choosing white bread because it contains more sugar which is not suitable for health instead choose whole-grain bread and cereals
- Healthful fats are always a good idea, such as olive oil and almond oil, and avoid saturated fats from dairy and other animal products.
- It is always better to eat healthy to stay healthy for that reason not to use sweetened or processed fruits, drinks, or food but at least raw and cooked food and vegetables.
- Avoid salty food or too much salt intake in your meal; always choose low sodium-containing foods.
- The addition of onions and garlic in your diet plan is quite healthful and helpful in BPH Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Some physicians suggest plant extract therapies to show a good impact on the prostate size and urinary flow, for example, an extract from a type of palm tree.
- Nuts are plentiful in zinc, and a follow mineral. Zinc is found in high fixations in the prostate and is thought to help balance testosterone and DHT.
Avoid excessive intake of red meat in your meal to reduce the chance of prostate enlargement in men’s and lower the consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
Like any other part or organ of your body, it needs a healthy and nourished supply to stay in a working position and healthy. You have to keep it maintain and balance in every manner by exercising or eating healthy best foods for prostate health for better lifestyle or sometimes by medication or supplements.
It is concluded that if a man wants to maintain a healthy prostate gland, he should start including these superfoods in their daily routine diet
to boost prostate health by eating these healthy fatty acids, antioxidants, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory foods, and you can reduce the chance of any condition or disease in your prostate healthy.
Having completed my Bachelor’s degree in medicine and currently pursuing a house job at a well reputed hospital in California, I decided to utilize my spare time in sharing knowledge with others through my blog. Apart from my time spent in the medical field, I love to read fiction novels and go on long drives.